The purpose of the dress code is to encourage students to focus on the learning process without distractions of unsuitable dress and grooming.
Students shall maintain a clean and orderly appearance at all times. The School Board of Lee County defines the overall guidelines for the student dress code in Board Policy 5.24. It also gives the individual schools the authority to establish additional regulations. The responsibility for the personal appearance of the student rests with the parent/guardian. The following establishes the minimum acceptable standards for student dress to be interpreted and enforced by the administration and staff of Treeline Elementary Schools.
Students are expected to come dressed for success in an educational setting.
TREELINE ELEMENTARY IS A UNIFORM SCHOOL.
- Pants/Bottoms: All pants/shorts need to be navy or khaki in color. If designed with belt loops, belts must be worn at all times. Pants/bottoms must fit appropriately (not too loose or too tight) and must be worn at the waist. Pajama style, sport pants, sweat pants, stretch pants or drawstring pants are prohibited. Undergarments should not be visible for any reason.
- Shorts/Skorts: Must be work at the knee. No athletic shorts. If designed with belt loops, belts must be worn at all times. Must fit appropriately (not too loose or too tight) and must be worn at the waist.
- Capri Pants: Must fit appropriately (not too loose or too tight)
- Skirts: Must be worn at the knee. Must fit appropriately (not too loose or too tight). No slits above the knee.
- Tops/Shirts: Solid colors navy, hunter green, white, light yellow and light blue are preferred colors. Must be tucked in at all times. Must be an oxford, button up or polo style with a collar, sleeves, and buttons. Must be fastened appropriately. Logos must be no larger than a half dollar. No bare midriff shirts permitted.
- Dresses/Skirts: Must be knee length. Must fit appropriately (not too loose or too tight).
- Footwear: Sneakers are preferred. No flip flops, slippers, sport sandals, or open back shoes. Heely shoes are prohibited.
- Cold Weather Wear: Jackets, sweatshirts and sweaters must zip or button down the front with a dress code shirt underneath.
Leggings are permitted beneath dress code appropriate skirt and must coordinate with the uniform.
- Clothing may not be torn, frayed, or altered from its original style.
- Any articles of clothing or jewelry that could cause injury (including but not limited to belt chains, wallet chains, bracelets, rings, chokers, any spiked items, studded items or medallions) are prohibited.
- Apparel emblems, insignias, badges or symbols that promote the use of alcohol, drugs, tobacco, gang activity or any other illegal activity or activity that may be offensive to others is prohibited. Adornments which are attached (pierced) to exposed body parts other than the ears are prohibited.
- Hair must be of natural color. Distractive hair coloring or hair style is prohibited. Hats, caps, headgear, bandanas, hoods, sweatbands, or sunglasses are prohibited. There may be certain exceptions for medical conditions and/or physical education classes held outdoors.
Such exceptions require administrative approval.
The administration reserves the right to adapt this code based on changing fashions, trends or individual student situations.